[Harp-L] Fwd: How to edit simple videos for upload to Youtube?

Chris Hofstader cdh@xxxxx
Tue Apr 25 08:02:38 EDT 2017

It may seem weird that the blind guy is recommending a video editing package but, WTF, I’ll toss in an opinion as I’m often involved in producing fundraising videos but am definitely not the guy doing the editing.

I’m a huge advocate of FLOSS (free, libre open source software) and for video I will recommend a package called Blender, it’s available gratis and I know a number of people who use it to produce all sorts of video content. If your buddy wants to do anything with the audio to clean it up, add compression or some other effect, etc. there’s a good program called Audacity that a real lot of people (including me) enjoy using that’s also FLOSS and available gratis for download.

I know Blender runs on both Windows and GNU/Linux but I’m uncertain about Macintosh; Audacity is available for all three.

I like getting this kind of software from ninite.com, an excellent resource for we hacker sorts who actually care about looking at the source code as well as anyone else looking for really good free and gratis software.

If nothing else, giving Blender and Audacity a try costs nothing in terms of dollars and will definitely be able to do everything you said your friend might want to do.

Happy Hacking,
cdh