[Harp-L] How I recorded the harps for "The Road Out of Here"

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Sun Apr 23 22:24:15 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I've posted a description to my website of the process, harps, and FX I
used to record my song "The Road Out of Here" on my new record "The Lucky
One."  This is the third post in the series describing how every piece on
"The Lucky One" was played and recorded.  You can find it at:

http://www.hunterharp.com/how-i-recorded-the-road-out-of-here/

This piece, more than any other on the record, gives you a very clear look
at how the FX on my harp parts are tailored to work with each other.
That's because the parts come in one by one, and it's obvious how they're
layering up into a big, roaring rock harp extravaganza.

As with everything else on this record, the harp parts were recorded with a
Digitech RP500 and an Audix Fireball.  As per most of the other songs on
this record, at least some of the harmonica sounds on this song have never
been heard anywhere else.  Also as per most of the songs on the record,
this arrangement could be performed pretty easily by two harmonica players
using RP500s with my patchset.

Dig.

Regards, Richard Hunter

--
Check out our 21st Century rock harmonica record "The Lucky One" at
https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardhunter

Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)