[Harp-L] The harps and FX on "Double Lucky"

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Tue Apr 11 07:49:44 EDT 2017

I've posted a discussion of the harps and FX I used on my recording of
"Double Lucky," one of the hardest rockin' tuned on my record "The Lucky
One," to my website at hunterharp.com:

http://www.hunterharp.com/the-harps-and-gear-i-used-on-double-lucky/

This is the first of a series of posts that will describe how the harp
tracks on this record were conceived and recorded.  I suppose it's not a
spoiler to note that every harmonica track on the record was recorded with
an Audix Fireball V mic into a Digitech RP500 running straight to the
board.

This song in particular is loaded with blues (it's dedicated to Magic Dick
and James Cotton), and the harmonica parts are only two in number, so it's
easy to figure out what's going on in the arrangement.  Check it out, and
stay tuned for the next post in this series.  I'm gonna get to
'me all...

Regards, Richard Hunter

--
"The Lucky One" 21st century rock harmonica project at
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/richard-hunter-s-the-lucky-one/x/5259889#/