[Harp-L] vintage astatic mic wires

John Kerkhoven solo_danswer@xxxxx
Sat Sep 24 17:06:03 EDT 2016

I picked up a couple of Astatic microphones today from a convent that’s closing its door and getting rid of stuff.

One is an SK12, about which I can find no information online, though it looks like a 335 from pictures I’ve seen. The wire has a three-pin connector, but it’s not quite an XLR. The circle has a small inward bump opposite the pins.

The other is a DN-500 with wire attached but no connector at the end.

Can I attach XLRs to these cables … or is there something more — or something else — I need to do?

Any help appreciated.

John