[Harp-L] Harp sounds like orchestra with MEL9 pedal

Robert Hale robert@xxxxx
Sat Sep 17 06:02:49 EDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 4:51 PM, Richard Hunter <turtlehill at xxxxx>
wrote:

> I wouldn't use those sounds on a blues gig, but I'd sure use them on lots
> of other gigs.

​Many of my blues events include a sprinkling across R&B, soul, and motown.
​Some of those tunes are sweet arrangements with MEL9 string pads.

SIDEBAR
Remember the rising "ah" chorus at the end of Rolling Stones' CAN'T ALWAYS
GET WHAT YOU WANT? MEL9 "low choir" does that really well!

MARKETING
Because of my varied harp sounds (Hammond B3, Strings, etc) I am working a
fill-in tonight for a vacationing keyboard player in a 5 pc variety band.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
DUKEofWAIL.com