[Harp-L] Harp sounds like orchestra with MEL9 pedal

Richard Hunter turtlehill@xxxxx
Fri Sep 16 19:51:30 EDT 2016

Robert Hale said:
<Short clip, "When you say nothing at all"
<https://youtu.be/m4znp3JfWWE

Sure sounds like a Mellotron to me, especially the way Robert played it--smooth and steady, very nice breath control.  The guy at the right of the stage in this video obviously had his mind blown, and the offscreen audience reaction, based on the sound of the applause, was apparently similar.  No wonder.  That's some great s---.  I wouldn't use those sounds on a blues gig, but I'd sure use them on lots of other gigs.

The more roles the harmonica can play in the band, the more harmonica players will get jobs playing in bands.

Thanks, Richard Hunter

21st century rock harmonica record project "The Lucky One" at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/richard-hunter-s-the-lucky-one/x/5259889#/
author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick