[Harp-L] ElectroHarmonix MEL9 Mellotron

Gary Lehmann gnarlyheman@xxxxx
Tue Sep 13 14:25:21 EDT 2016

>From http://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/electro-harmonix-mel9
"As far as I can tell, in all these ‘transformative’ EHX pedals, the sounds
always start life as waveforms taken from the guitar strings, but some
clever polyphonic pitch-tracking filters combine with pitch-shifting to
allow both single notes and chords to be processed in real time to make
them sound, in the case of the B9 and C9, like electronic organs or, in the
case of the Key9, like electric pianos."
Sounds like a multeffector to me, albeit a very specialized one.
Haven't heard it yet, but sound like fun!
Thanks all,
Gary