[Harp-L] ROB EUROPE & HARMONICA BILL playing Saturday Sept.10 in Smithtown !!!

William Lifford william.lifford@xxxxx
Fri Sep 9 07:40:55 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

*Rob Europe and Harmonica Bill* will be competing in the Long Island Blues
Society's annual qualifying event for the IBC challenge.

The contest is a "battle of the bands" in which the winners qualify to
represent Long Island at the INTERNATIONAL BLUES CHALLENGE, held every year
in Memphis, Tennessee.  Rob and Bill will be competing in the "solo/duo"
category.  There is a "band" category as well.

There is some crazy talent competing this year including:

   - The *Johnny Mac Band* -  they won the band competition last year and
   these guys can really groove.  Johnny Mac and Mohair Sam share the vocal
   duties and this band is TIGHT.

   - The *Red, White, and Blues Band* -  another really great band.  They
   have some fantastic, funky original tunes, and I really dig them.

   - The *Hitman Blues Band* - these guys recently toured England and
   France.  Tight, funky, a really great band that has a lot of passion for
   this music!

   - *Frank LaTorre *- competing as a solo artist, Frank is a killer
   harmonica player; he also plays a mean guitar and sings too.  He has played
   on Johnny Winter's Grammy award-winning album and he has toured with Johnny
   too.

   - *Rob Europe & Harmonica Bill* - I might be a bit biased, but I think
   these guys are fantastic.  :)

I don't personally know the other two competing solo/duo acts, *F&G Duo*
and *Pretty Blue*, but I am certain they will be bringing their "A game"
and rocking the house.  I can't wait to hear them.

So get yourself down to *Katie's of Smithtown* tomorrow, Saturday September
10th, and show some support for local blues musicians!   Katie's is a
really awesome venue.  The sound quality is great and it's a great place to
have some drinks and see some bands.

*The LIBS Blues Challenge will be held at Katie's of Smithtown -- 145 W.
Main St. Smithtown, on Saturday Sept. 10 at 2 pm.*

The Facebook link for the event should be this: * LIBS Blues Challenge 2016
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1876844642539075/>*

​
[image: Inline image 1]

Thanks and hope to see you there!