[Harp-L] tongue blocking fifths on diatonic harmonicas

Rick Dempster rickdempster33@xxxxx
Thu Sep 1 11:38:39 EDT 2016

I'm a long time tongue-blocker/switcher. The active part of the tongue, for
me, is the under-side.
While I say to place the point of the tongue in the hole to be blocked
(when trying to play, say, holes 3 and 5)
my actual tongue placement ends up being the underside with the tip on the
front roof-of-mouth.
I learnt what I do from Gwen Foster. Sam Hinton, of course, is a master of
tongue technique. Good to see his name on harp-L.
RD