[Harp-L] Why do they still rivet reeds?

Ronnie Schreiber autothreads@xxxxx
Sun Oct 30 11:41:10 EDT 2016

I know that the harmonica industry is very traditional and a bit
resistant to change but I'm surprised that someone hasn't started making
higher end reedplates that use screws to fasten the reeds, not rivets,
particularly since some companies, like Seydel, already sell kits for
switching from rivets to screws. Sure, riveting has maybe one step less,
you don't have to tap threads in the hole in the reedplate, but that all
would be done in a mechanized, automated process.