[Harp-L] Cleaning of Chromatic Harmonicas - Seydel Perspective

Greg Jones greg@xxxxx
Fri Oct 28 10:05:49 EDT 2016

I'm reading the comments about how to clean chromatic harmonicas.
The comments are a perfect example of how good people and good friends can
disagree.

I would NOT recommend a full dunk of a Seydel chromatic harmonica in any
circumstance.

It is my understanding that some do this, but to be clear, I think it is a
bad idea and furthermore it is unnecessary.

As the Seydel warranty technician, I have received several inquiries from
disappointed Seydel chromatic owners who have tried this and had their
valves curl or become damaged.

I'm speaking for Seydel in this matter.  If you fully dunk your Seydel
chromatic, Seydel will not honor a warranty request if there is apparent
damage to the valves.

My Seydel approved price for re-valving the entire Seydel chromatic could
run as high $50 plus return shipping if the chromatic has been fully dunked
in any liquid.

Once again, skilled technicians - like any other professionals - can
disagree. This will go down as one of those instances.

Please do not fully dunk your Seydel chromatic with the valves attached.

*Greg Jones*
*16:23 Harmonicas*
Web Site:        1623customharmonicas.com