[Harp-L] How often should I clean my harmonica?

Bob Marsolais bob@xxxxx
Wed Oct 19 16:40:06 EDT 2016

I'm a newbie to the harmonica and I tend to slobber a lot into my harp
while I practice.  I tap my harp on my knee several times after each
use, but I'm sure its not pristine after tapping.  My 4 harps are either
Lee Oskar or Seydels  and have plastic combs. How often should I clean
them.  I'm thinking of getting an ultrasonic cleaner to minimize risk to
the reeds, but what liquid should I use?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob