[Harp-L] Cleaning Spit vs adjusting reeds

Richard Sleigh rrsleigh@xxxxx
Wed Oct 5 21:49:37 EDT 2016

Hi  Leonard,

Sounds to me like the offending reeds may be a bit too close to the reed plate.

If you check them visually without cover plates, the reeds that are not sticking probably are a bit higher

If you have never adjusted reeds, try playing around with a beater harp to get an idea of how to do it without wrecking reeds. Push blow reeds GENTLY with a toothpick till you find the pressure point that re-sets the spring - draw reeds, same general idea but you are lifting them with a knife blade

Richard Sleigh
PO Box 23
Boalsburg PA 16827

rrsleigh at xxxxx