[Harp-L] Breath control advice?

Leonard Schwartzberg leonard1@xxxxx
Sun Nov 6 12:36:24 EST 2016

You can always paint a "happy face" on the clothespin.   Kidding aside, pinching your nose is a great way to train, and over a short time, you should be able to better control breathing.   Leonard

-----Original Message-----
From: Harp-L [mailto:harp-l-bounces at xxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Talbot
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2016 12:18 PM
To: HARP-L
Subject: [Harp-L] Breath control advice?

Hey, everyone.

I'm looking for advice on improving my breath control. Simply put, I tend
to fill up on air a little too quickly. I thought it was just me and my
inability to do a good nose push, but then I believe someone on the list
mentioned pinching their nose while playing to restrict air intake to the
mouth.

I gave it a shot and it worked like a charm. No problem at all ... well,
except that I can't imagine playing for the next few decades with a
clothespin on my nose.

That's a long-winded way of asking for advice. Are there techniques for
improving my draws so I'm not taking in too much extra air through my nose?

Chris

--
Chris Talbot
Phone: 867-872-0822