[Harp-L] BRIEF REVIEW OF MATYAS PRIBOJSKI'S CD "MY STORIES" (2016)

PIERRE LACOCQUE pierrelacocque@xxxxx
Thu Nov 3 13:17:36 EDT 2016

CD REVIEW OF “MYSTORIES”MATYAS PRIBOJSZKIPMCD008/2016        When you listen to Pribojszki’s band youexpect a tight band unit, and a superb production. That is what you get herewith his newest release, MY STORIES (2016). He is one of the world’s mostcreative and charismatic harp players.        Over the years, what has attracted me to MatyasPribojski’s recordings is the originality of his song arrangements and harpplaying. Even a cover song get a major “Matyas overhaul.” He turn them all intohis own.       Matyas is as adept at the acousticharmonica as he is on the chromatic or amplified harp. It takes years of hard,hard work to develop your own sound and phrasing. Matyas has it all.        Besides a core quartet band, there arehere a wonderful list of special guests like Charlie Musselwhite, Bob Margolin,Andy J. Forest, Chris “Kid” Andersen, among others.       I recommend his recordings to those whodo not know him well. And to those who do, you will not be disappointed withthis exciting outing! 5 STARS  *****
Pierre LacocqueBandleaderMississippi Heat
  pierrelacocque at xxxxx