[Harp-L] harmonica and blues elitism

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Wed Nov 2 08:24:35 EDT 2016

Thanks for the shoutout, Robert.

Roots and blooms.  Roots and blooms.  Can't have one without the other.
Can't survive without both.

Speaking of blooms, time is fast running out to contribute to my Indiegogo
project to fund my 21st century rock harmonica record "The Lucky One."
 Check out the clips on the updates section of the Indiegogo page.

Blooms, man.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/richard-hunter-s-the-lucky-one/#/

Regards, Richard Hunter

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 6:02 PM, Robert Hale <robert at xxxxx> wrote:

> Harmonica is is such a wonderful and widely accepted instrument!
>
> I have always been annoyed by the in-group elitism expressed by some... a
> few...
>
>    - real blues is diatonic (Richter) tuning only, and
>    - on a wood-body harp
>    - real blues is that one iconic bullet + bassman sound
>
> Thank goodness for Richard Hunter, and others like him, who can lay down
> an honorable tribute to tradition AND explore the textures of other
> tunings, and processing gear.
>

> --
"The Lucky One" 21st century rock harmonica project at
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/richard-hunter-s-the-lucky-one/x/5259889#/
Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)