[Harp-L] harmonica collection

Mick Zaklan mzaklan@xxxxx
Tue Nov 1 14:16:37 EDT 2016

   Was channel surfing Sunday morning and hit a program called "Extreme
Collectors".  The bottom scroll indicated there was a harmonica collection
being featured.  I hung around for a few minutes and they showed a
collection someone in Toronto had taken a dozen years to assemble.  I don't
collect harmonicas, so normally it wouldn't interest me.  Except that
the "harmonica expert" they brought in to appraise the collection was
Carlos Del Junco.  Most of us know Carlos as one of the world's great
diatonic players.  Unless I need new glasses, I think I saw the collector
spent thirty or forty thousand dollars on the harmonicas and Carlos the
harmonica expert said they were now worth ninety some thousand bucks.
Don't know if that was Canadian money or not.  Good thing I'm not an
appraiser, I probably would have dropped a zero off those figures.
   A lot of money for old tin these days, huh?

Mick Zaklan