[Harp-L] Stevie Wonder's sound

Rick Dempster rickdempster33@xxxxx
Sun May 22 23:25:15 EDT 2016

'Passive' wasn't meant to sound critical Winslow, though I know what you
mean.
Compared to 'jazz' or some pop players, a 'classical' player like Tommy
Reilly has, to my ears,
what I would call a 'passive' sound. More like a keyboard instrument.
I actually prefer Tommy's sound for 'classical' (I use the term loosely)
to Larry Adler's much more active attack on the reeds.
RD