[Harp-L] Re: National anthem backing track, another opinion

Hi folks,
I know, I never post, but I read the archives everyday, and Harp-l is part
of my daily life (like ESPN)
OK, the SSB:
I've played this at dozens of events over the years - from every kind of HS
sporting event, to Road Races, to 4th of July Fireworks, Memorial day
events, - even once on NPR out of Nashville. I always play it solo, and it
always gets a great response.
Singers do it accapella all the time. Play it loud and proud into the PA
and it'll roar. One note of caution, depending on the venue, the sound of
the PA in a stadium will be delayed and if you're not prepared it could
really throw you off - just listen to your acoustic sound.
I like to play it on the chrom,most of the time, but will occasionally play
it in 2nd position on a Melody-maker tuned harp.
Just wanted to throw another opinion out there. Know it cold, and just have
fun
Good luck.
-Ed Coogan, Gainesville Fl.