Re: [Harp-L] National anthem backing track

I agree that unaccompanied harmonica would sound weak and leave the audience unimpressed.

This performance includes a guitar backup in G where the melody is not too prominent and leaves you space to play it on your harmonica.
https://youtu.be/4V5aVTPuIJA <https://youtu.be/4V5aVTPuIJA>  From your description, it should serve your purpose very well.
There are many versions on the net but many of them are in Bb.

 There are midi versions available.  If you can edit midi, (maybe in Garageband) you could delete the melody part and play it yourself.

You will need special software to rip the audio from youtube.  iSkysoft Audio Recorder works for me.  It is good to have because it will record any audio playing on your computer to a file that you can save, share, and burn on a CD. It works like a screen-grabber for audio. You start it and go to Youtube or another source and play the audio, then return to iSkysoft to stop recording.   I believe that they will allow you try it out on a few songs for free. I assume that you can mix it with your harmonica on Audacity