Re: [Harp-L] Steel Reeds & Magnetic Harpracks

Mox, the Harplock is a good product but please take a look at my Harparatus.  For a mic stand harp holder the Harparatus gives you a lot more flexibility.

This is an interesting discussion to me as my favorite harps have brass reeds so I haven't come up against this issue before.  Have you thought about converting your holders to velcro?

My early Harparatus prototypes used velcro, not magnets and I believe this was also true of the Harplock.  I didn't mind velcro on my harps but some folks did and magnets were really the ideal solution for most applications.  Velcro is a little noisier when you remove a harp but you might consider it.  Good luck.

Sal Inski
http://www.harparatus.com/