Re: [Harp-L] Chromonica II Deluxe

If the split is a simple one, you can fix it.
If it has historic value, you will avoid the âGeorge Washingtonâs Axâ effect. (If the handle rotted and you replace it and the head rusted and you replace it, is it still George Washingtonâs Ax?)

You will need JB Weld or similar filled-epoxy glue, a thin plastic grocery bag, and an Xacto knife.

- Disassemble the harmonica.
- Fill the crack with a generous amount of glue.
- Reassemble with sheets of plastic under the reed plates. This keeps glue off the reeds and valves.
- Allow a day for the glue to set.
- Disassemble and remove plastic.
- Trim away excess glue with knife.
- Reassemble fixed harmonica.

You have nothing to lose but the cost of the glue.  In the unlikely event that you screw it up, you can still replace the comb.

Vern