Re: [Harp-L] Amplification for clean chromatic sound

I use a tiny Radio Shack âTie-Clip" electret mic that I cup in my hands. PN 33-3013

Advantages:
Low price..about $35 with battery included.
Sounds great. Clean & flat 50 to 16k hz.  I use it with a reverb foot pedal or an amp with reverb.
Tiny and  light weight. You can tuck the mic, 1/8 dia cable, and battery holder into your shirt pocket.
Has very long LR44 button battery life

Disadvantages:
Has 1/8â plug.  Needs adapters for 1/4â plug or XLR.
On-off switch pops.
Battery eventually runs down if you forget to turn it off. You need a spare battery or two.
Has no volume control.

Vern