[Harp-L] BROOKLYN FOLK FESTIVAL HARMONICA CONTEST - April 9th

Hello Freereed Friends,

The eighth annual Brooklyn Folk Festival will feature genre veterans
including Michael Hurley and Rafe Stefanini alongside next generation
torchbearers like Rayna Gellert, Jerron Paxton and Frank Fairfield when it
convenes in the borough April 8-10. Proudly old-fashioned and
preservationist in aim, the three-day enthusiastsâ gathering will take
place at the St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Church in Brooklyn Heights after
selling out for the previous six years.

On April 9th the Festival will host a harmonica contest at 6:00pm and I'll
be judging along with my longtime pals Kim Field and Randy Weinstein. Spots
are limited as we only have an hour so I encourage anyone interested to
sign up in advance by writing me so I can add your name to the list.

Let me know if youâre on board.  I hope so!

Warm regards,
Trip

*Harmonica contest rules*

   - A round shall consist of two tunes: one fast and one slow.  A round
   shall not last more than 4 minutes.  A contestant may play a tune only once
   during the contest.
   - You will be disqualified if time limits are exceeded excessively.
   - You may play unaccompanied or be accompanied by an instrument except
   another harmonica. Only acoustic instruments will be allowed.
   - Only amateurs may compete - i.e. harmonica must not be your main
   source of income.
   - Late entries will only be allowed if there is room in the program.
   - A word of advice - Judges can usually tell how good you are from just
   the first few notes you play. They won't thank you if you bore them and you
   get no marks for quantity!  It is easier to keep a short piece interesting
   however it may help to choose a piece with scope for you to show some
   variety in your playing.
   - The Judges Decisions are Final.

 --
*Trip Henderson*