Re: [Harp-L] B-Radical -- why is it great?

Harrison's problem was that he pre-sold hundreds (thousands?) of harmonicas at a price that turned out to be below his cost of production. Dave Payne wrote "The price was set before they actually knew the true cost of making it. I don't think we (I was there at the time) really had a true understanding of that until well into 2010 and the backlog was already there. "

It seems that the plan was to secure enough financing to clear the backlog and then a) raise the price on the B-Radical high enough to secure a profit and b) introduce a cheaper to produce harp to meet demand created by marketing. However, not surprisingly, money people didn't want to back a fledgling company already committed to making and selling hundreds (thousands?) of harmonicas at a substantial loss.