[Harp-L] player or collector?

I attended a local magic club for a time and really enjoyed it. What I
noticed at meetings was the difference between those who OWNED a lot of
illusions, and those who PERFORMED magic. The collector could talk
endlessly about his treasures, maybe do a few slights, but not develop even
a short show.

I remember entering the intriguing world of harmonicas, desiring to learn
and "know" all the secrets of the masters. I believed that the purchase of
just the right harp, or mic, or making ONE more modification, would really
make a difference in me as a player. It didn't.

Practice and performance made the difference.

Along the way I learned to tune, solder, gap, emboss, and arc. Each of
those added value, comfort, and expression to my playing. But there is no
magic. Over time the collection grew, but my focus remained to prepare and
perform.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL