[Harp-L] switching blows to draws

Rishi Oswal (Rishió) email@xxxxx
Sat Jun 11 05:42:53 EDT 2016

Thanks Rick!

Mastering the notes I have on the Powerbender tuning (which I love by the way) will keep me occupied for the next 5 years and after that I will look into x-reeding it!

I did some stopwatch tests on blow/draw hold times and I take back what I said. I can hold the note about the same amount of time whether I'm blowing or drawing. I guess it just seemed like I was able to blow longer. I did notice that blowing does feel more comfortable than drawing and it seems easier to get a higher quality tone. I was curious about how it would feel to blow bend all the notes rather than draw bend and it's great to know that I can always do this just by flipping the reeds.

That said, I'm still curious if there are advantages to draw bend over blow bend (easier vibrato?) before I go down a dark path that wires my brain upside down permanently! I've already gone done the Powerbender path and there is no turning back to Richter for me!

--
Short & Sweet from Rishió
www.rishio.com