[Harp-L] Isn't She Lovely cover, Shure obit

   Interesting cover of the Stevie Wonder standard, "Isn't She Lovely":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0rdmOe9B9U.  I've never heard it played
with a diatonic blues harp sound before.  I prefer the original; I never
get tired of hearing that solo.  Brings a smile to my face every time.  But
I kind of admire the audacity of this one.
   Earlier this week I ran across an interesting obit on a 95 year-old
local business woman identified as "microphone maven" Rose Shure
http://legacy.suntimes.com/obituaries/chicagosuntimes/obituary.aspx?pid=177462246.
I doubt that there are many of us on this list who haven't used a Shure
microphone at one time or another to amplify our tin sandwiches.
Apparently the company started out as a mail order supplier of radio parts
and kits before they went into microphones and phonograph cartridges and
needles.  Mrs. Shure took over in 1995 after her husband's death and
managed to triple the size of the business.  Kind of a throwback to an
earlier era when families actually owned and ran companies.  As opposed to
disinterested conglomerates using bean counters preoccupied with the bottom
line.

Mick Zaklan