RE: [Harp-L] Re: B-Radical on Ebay

I had a couple of original B radicals which I sold to a collector a about 18 months ago.  I thought they were pretty good harps, on a par with most custom harps I've had but maybe not as good as top line Dannecker harps.  My main reason for selling them on was the risk of not being able to find a repair technician if reeds went on them.  I got my money back on the harps which I thought was a fair deal.

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Fairweather
Sent: 13 January 2016 21:36
To: Harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: B-Radical on Ebay

The responses I've seen to my original question about the playability of the B-Radical compared to other expensive or less expensive harps,  don't really seem to answer my question.

So let me rephrase:  To anyone who has actually played a B-Radical, would
you consider it the most responsive harp you've ever played?   And if your
answer is yes,  how much better is it?

I own a Brendan Powers X-Reed diatonic.  There are a number of custom
tweaks you can order with an X-Reed and I chose them all.   Without a doubt
it is the most responsive harp I've ever played.

I've also owned a Filisko or two from decades past and they were also superb harps.

I've also owned custom harps from Pat Missin, Chris Michaelek and several other customizers.

I'm curious how a B-Radical would stack up against these top of the line
harps.   As far as non-custom, commercially produced  right-out-of-the-box
harps go,  my personal favorite is the Suzuki Firebreath.  I wonder how the B-Radical would compare?

I'm also curious what kind of person would pay $500 or more for a diatonic
harp based simply on its rarity.   I know there are a few collectors out
there, but I didn't know they were paying  such large sums of money.