Re: [Harp-L] B-radical on E-bay

I searched for informations about this harp to understand why it would be
worth 500$. I found that B-radical :
- Uses screws instead of rivet. Marine Band uses nails, and it's therefore
not easy to open it to set up, tune, repair or change your reeds.
- Has rounded edges (more easy to grip whole holding a microphone).
- Is more solid. I saw on the video that it's much more difficult to crush
the cover plates of the B-radical.
- Is really airtight.
- Has a great tone.

My thought about all that. Most harmonica use screws nowadays (Marine Band
is becoming the exception), I use a file to get round edges and I never
crushed one of my harmonica. What could really be interesting in this
harmonica are its tone and its airtightness (for overnotes). Nevertheless,
you can get overnote harmonicas at less than 400$ with Joe Spiers, Andrew
Zajac, Sugar Cain ... Its price is therefore especially justified by its
rarity (an historic hamonica not produced anymore).

Regards,

Sebastien