[Harp-L] seeking straight harp songs

Iâm looking for suggestions for songs for the diatonic harp in first
position. Specifically, straight-harp tunes in the old-school oom-pah
styleâtunes that are good for demonstrating/showing off the harpâs
capability for self-accompanying.

That is, tongue-blocking to play the melody notes and then un-blocking to
hear the harmony. (Not an accurate technical description, I know.)

Currently, if I want to show somebody this style, I play an oom-pah version
of âAch, du lieber Augustin.â It works okay, but Iâm confident thereâs
something better. And as âAch, du lieberâ is in 3/4 (waltz) time, Iâd also
like to have a tune in hand for 2/4 or 4/4.

Please inundate me with ideas.

Bright moments,

Peter Beck

kpfbeck@xxxxxxxxx