[Harp-L] Kim Wilson, Peter "Madcat" Ruth

   You know; when you hit 65 years of age, you've officially entered
"geezerdom."  I wasn't crazy about it a year and a half ago when I arrived
there; but as my wife reminded me, "it beats the
alternative".....death.  Doesn't mean we can't continue to be productive.
I'm hoping Kim and all the others have decades of evolving harp playing
ahead of them.  It's always sad for me when I think of all the brilliant
performances and recordings that Gary Primich, Paul DeLay, and William
Clark probably had left in them that we'll never hear.  Or what Chris
Michalek might have sounded like today.  All expired way too young!
   The Kim Wilson posts jogged my memory.  The first time I heard Kim and
the Thunderbirds live was back in the late 70's or early 80's.  Original
band.  If I recall correctly; the opening act was our own list member,
Madcat Ruth.  I believe Peter was working as duo with a very impressive
bassist on that gig.  Plenty of harmonica that evening!
   I think last year I posted that Jim Liban had just reached a career
milestone, 50 years as a full-time musician.  Half a century making a
living with his harmonica.  I have to believe that Madcat is close to that
mark himself or past it.  I'm hoping we get to commemorate that one, too!

Mick Zaklan