Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Low F#

Tom is right; I can vouch that a Big River harp with a replacement comb can be a superb harmonica.
I have all the low keys, and over time I replaced the stock combs with some from Blue Moon. ÂI did not do any other work to the harps, I didn't even flat sand the reed plates. ÂIn fact, most of them I put together in my car because I was excited to try them out.
In every case the upgraded comb was a big improvement in the breath force required to get the reeds moving. ÂThe harps were much more responsive to subtle playing than before.
Even with the cost of a corian comb or other material, a Big River harp is a lot more affordable than most harmonicas that come in low tunings.
Bill Lifford

Sent from Outlook

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 10:09 AM -0800, "Gary Lehmann" <gnarlyheman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One could do worse than to avail themselves of Tom's services.
Jason Ricci seems to have jumped on his bandwagon, and he knows his stuff.
Of course, I work on my own harmonicas, and so have less of a need--but I
hear Tom's customer service rivals that of the best!