Re: [Harp-L] What purpose low F#?

Take Five original key is Ebm. It's parallel to F# (Gb actually), so LF# is
the best harmonica to play Take Five with other jazz guys in 4th position.
The similiar situation with Round Midnight, but I prefer to play it in 3rd
position.
Some guitar players love to tune guitar half step down, so if they play in
Am chord it sounds like Abm - 3rd position for LF# harmonica, if they play
same guitar in D - it's  Db, 2nd of LF# harmonica, if they play in Em -
it's Ebm 4th position for LF# harmonica.

Sometimes song starts in the key of Gm, C, Cm, F, Bb, Dm and works good on
F/LF harps and then modulates halftone up to G#m, Db, Dbm, F#, B or Ebm
respectively. Here LF# harmonica will help.

Sometimes keys of G#m, Db, Dbm, F#, B or Ebm are just only perfect for
vocalist and no other way.

At least once a year I use my LF#.

--
Thanks, Boris Plotnikov