[Harp-L] chromatic mouthpiece plating

So for me, it seems that the life span of Original Plating of the deluxe 270 round holed mouthpieces is about nine years.

More than a few are becoming rough, especially around the notes I actually know, which, at some point, will become annoying, and I'll have to learn other notes.

Any suggestions for ways to replate them? Some tried and true method. What would be really convenient would be to  go  to Home Depot and see a spray can of stuff labeled "RePlating for Hohner Chromatic Harmonicas."

While the Universe seems to provide for most of my needs, it seems to have fallen down on The Job with this one.

And yes, it'll be quite some time before I'll be able to truthfully say "Oh, sorry, I missed that passage because my mouthpiece is just so rough and I'm so delicate"....

But it would be nice to have one of those "Plan" things I've read about.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I bet one of the horn-smashers in this group will know The Answer.

thanks

jk