[Harp-L] D harps

I have always disliked D harps, and esp Hohners with the shorter reeds. I can never make them play like I want. So, I got some SP20 combs from Blue Moon and a new harp. I am going to see what I can do.
But the new SP 20 is really not good right out of the box. 3 draw bends are murder and the rest of the harp is very unresponsive. I hope this will be worth the time and effort and will take any suggestions that would ease my pain.
Thanks.
Steve in Minn.
Ps..I know how to gap and emboss and usually am satisfied with my other harps.

Sent from my iPad