[Harp-L] sub30 question

I’m trying to adjust a Suzuki SB30. The blow bends on holes 1 and 2 produce a sort of beating effect.

With the top cover off, if I cover the blow note, the enabler reed sounds fine, so it seems to be that the regular blow reed is not chocking properly or is somehow unstable.

Have tried gapping and embossing, and have tried TurboDog’s trick (normally used to control squealing) of adding a small rectangular piece of tape to the centre of the reed. The latter seems to help somewhat, but insufficiently.

Anyone else run into this? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,
John