[Harp-L] Mike

I'm just going by direct conversations with Mike from all these years so
I've put a call and email into him to try and get clarity and apologize for
using his name without his permission. This is a harp forum, so hopefully
not to  make any more threads on it and focus on harp related topics. I
researched  hernias and found the Shouldice Hospital who specializes in hernia
repairs,  performing over 7000 a year.  Dr. Watson is correct on one of the two
 causes, however this hospital's explanation clarifies things a bit. There
are  several other at risk factors but the one in question is there in
print.
It appears there is a possibility it can happen with heavy harp playing,
and maybe he has both congenital and acquired but does it really matter.

Hernias  are usually divided into two main categories:
         Congenital  - Congenital  hernias develop before you are born. A
congenital hernia is present at birth,  even though it may not be diagnosed
for weeks, months or even years. A hernia  that develops much later in life
may actually result from a weakness that you  have had since you were a
baby.
         Acquired  - Acquired  hernias develop when the muscles or
connective tissue in your abdomen are  weakened or damaged during your lifetime.
         When listing whoâs  at risk, one of the factors is: âHave  a
heavy or chronic cough - the  force of a cough or sneeze can tear weakened
muscles and connective  tissueâ