[Harp-L] Playing in your head and reading music

Leonard Schwartzberg leonard1@xxxxx
Mon Dec 19 10:08:58 EST 2016

As best as I can tell, the difference 'tween the blues player on unicycle
playing harmonica and the businessman playing harmonica on his shiny 28
speed bicycle is:  Attire.

-----Original Message-----
From: Harp-L [mailto:harp-l-bounces at xxxxx] On Behalf Of Tin Lizzie
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2016 9:26 AM
To: harp-l at xxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Playing in your head and reading music

Hi, Aongus!

I am not a neuro-scientist, but I have a keen layman's interest in that kind
of stuff.  I heard someone say, once, "I could never learn to juggle well
until I tried to  *talk*  and juggle at the same time."   Something about
forcing your brain to 'automate' a skill by increasing the workload with an
added skill.  So, clearly, we should all start playing harmonica while
riding unicycles!

Tin Lizzie

On Dec 19, 2016, at 8:56 AM, Aongus Mac Canawrote:

> Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 11:27:17 -0000
> From: "Aongus Mac Cana" <amaccana at xxxxx>
> To: "Harp-L List" <harp-l at xxxxx>
> Subject: [Harp-L] Playing in your head and reading music
>
> I don't know if there are any Neuro-Scientists on this  list, but I am
> fascinated by how you can get skills like driving, playing golf, reading
and
> playing music into the "automatic pilot" section of your "chip" .
>
> <snip>

> Do these geriatric ramblings ring a bell with any of you guys?
>
> Beannachtai
>
> Aongus Mac Cana

---