[Harp-L] Brendan Power Lucky-13 harmonicas

Richard Hammersley rhhammersley@xxxxx
Fri Dec 16 09:47:39 EST 2016

I’ve just received a Lucky-13 in C I ordered a couple of weeks ago. For those of you who don’t know, this adds three lower holes to the standard Richter 10-hole set up. Nearest equivalent is my 40-year-old 12 hole Marine Band (the type Sonny Boy II often played in Europe). This is a very nice and reasonably priced harmonica. My only misgiving is that it isn’t valved and nowadays I mostly play valved harps having largely given up on overblows. The Lucky-13 plays very well out of the box and, guess what, I can overblow it straight away (only the 2nd harp I have managed to overblow at all). Amazing!
Have a good holiday season
Richard