[Harp-L] Harp Baby Roly Poly Swing Harmonica

Randy Singer randy@xxxxx
Sat Dec 10 17:48:16 EST 2016

> Here are my feelings, my intent was love

Regarding ROLY POLY

> I think it's good that we are nice to people but sometimes Toughlove can help motivate. Giving awards to kids that don't deserve it so as to not hurt their feelings is actually detrimental for example
>
> I think had people told me I sucked at the HARMONICA when I was growing up I think I would've been a much better harmonica player today.
>
> Years ago, I actually thought I was better than I actually was especially want to comes to playing jazz but I was totally delusional and I am more awake now. I like Toughlove I think we need more honest talk in this world because my intent was not to hurt him, my intent was to point out areas to improve. The melody was perfect but the solo needed improvement and I suggested another version. When you give constructive remarks, one can either run screaming from it and learn from it.
>
> In addition the original posting was this was the best version of roly-poly and so I had to disagree with that. I would not have commented at all otherwise
>
> He emailed me a very nice letter and I'm trying to call him on the phone to make peace and talk about our love of the HARMONICA but he has not responded yet

ALSO, I noticed that only ONE person asked for the killer ROLY POLY version of mike turk that I offered to send. The silence is deafening……….the screams are killing me.

Ps
ALSO, I would LOVE someone to critique my performance compared to Joe Henderson, I WOULD LEARN something from that assessment.