[Harp-L] PowerBender (and PowerDraw) & Stuff

Rick Dempster rickdempster33@xxxxx
Fri Dec 9 02:05:00 EST 2016

I can't do half-valved. It sounds bad when I do it. I've messed with
"overblows" for thirty-odd years,
and that is a single reed bend too, just like the OB. I don't like that
sound much either. Some of the OB
players make it sound OK, but when I do it, it doesn't make me very
comfortable.
Lately I've been using Sub30s, either customised by Zombor Kovacs, or using
Tom Halchak's over-valve plates.
That sounds good to me, but it's still not perfect. The reed response is
always
a little more sluggish with the 30 reed harps.
If you want to play tunes with more than three or four chords, these are
the options, like it or not.
Then again, I've upped my practice on the chromatic.
Should taken up the trumpet I suppose.
RD