[Harp-L] Easy 3rd Session Steel (G)

Gary Lehmann gnarlyheman@xxxxx
Fri Dec 2 12:09:48 EST 2016

I gotta think I would miss the notes on the bottom--
I tried "third" on one of my PentaBenders, blow is F Penta, draw is G
Penta--so you have the notes D F A C on blow, but can get the bent sound on
the A and D notes, which are part of the G Penta.
In addition, you have access to the bent F# , the major third of D. Heck,
the whole harp is chromatic, since every hole can be draw bent a half step.
PentaBender is very similar to Power Chromatic, but PC is missing the extra
hole, blow G and draw A (I am in the key of C for this thread) and so is
not as fun. I think of this position as Lydian, but of course the minor
relative of that mode is Dorian.
I will do a video to show you what I mean--I tried Easy Third and decided
it was too easy for me!