[Harp-L] John Shirley on Harmonicast

Scott Albert Johnson scojoharp@xxxxx
Sat Aug 6 12:29:54 EDT 2016

Hey all... hoping to see a lot of you at SPAH next weekend.  I'll be there
from Thursday until Sunday AM, thanks to a grant I received from the
Mississippi Arts Commission.

I wanted to give a shout-out to John Shirley, a great (and truly original)
player and harmonica innovator who appears on the latest episode of the
Harmonicast podcast (brought to you by Bob Kessler).  Here's the link:

http://harmonicast.podbean.com/e/harmonicast-episode-13-john-shirley/

John is a professor at U. Mass-Lowell and is an expert on recording
harmonica; he also recently released Blue Daddy, an app that gives
harmonica players various amp emulations and effects for recording.  He's
also an excellent player who only started playing about four years ago,
amazingly; he's well-versed in a wide range of styles.  Check it out (and
try to find him at SPAH).

SAJ
---

*“Scott Albert Johnson manhandles his harmonica with a master’s flair. He
is a triple-threat artist who can sing, write and blow his emotions clear
on out of his harmonica like nobody’s business.” Goldmine [USA]*
*scottalbertjohnson.com/goingsomewhere
<http://scottalbertjohnson.com/goingsomewhere>   *
*facebook.com/scottalbertjohnsonmusic
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Albert-Johnson/57364390664>*