Re: [Harp-L] simulate horn section

BTW, here is a title present on my new album (more or less inspired by
Miles), which could illustrate partly this post, I guess.
The idea was not to simulate any other instrument, but to create an
original sound which would add a sort of "horn flavour" to the more
classical sound of the guitar.

https://soundcloud.com/peyrelevade/snapshots-a-few-miles-away

I think with a slight wah-wa on the attacks, another configuration for the
delays, & a longer reverb, I wouldn't be that far from a trumpet-like
sound. Not sure though, tell me what you think.

I've used the same sound here, and, as said by others, the licks have a
real impact on the sensation we get from the sound, as I don't feel any
horn thing here :
https://soundcloud.com/peyrelevade/snapshots-nabish-moy

It is not only a question of lick, btw. I think it also depends on the way
you articulate each note. Of course, if you slightly bend each attack &
release, with a good effect, you'll be able to reproduce the way sax
players use their reed to delay & bend the attack of their note (first
example partly illustrate this).
But if you play very straight, the result is very different (2nd example).

Best regards,

Jerome Peyrelevade
www.jeromepeyrelevade.com