Re: [Harp-L] Essential listening

I have something of a problem with 'modern' jazz, A lot of it sounds like
wank to me (look that up in Australian slang if you don't get it) But David
Therault's "The Deb" does it for me. I have the skills to imitate what he
is playing, but only as a parrot. I don't really understand what is
happening here. Is this a "blues"? (it's not "The Blues") ie a twelve bar
that goes, basically I-IV-I-V-I (with maybe an implied VI-II-V-I in there
somewhere) ?Is it in a minor key, or  major key? Is it in E major? It's a
bit esoteric for me.What are the chord changes here?
RD
PS Smojoe  - help!