Fwd: [Harp-L] CD: 'Somewhere on the edge of time'

> Ok, what happened t'other day was that a package came in the mail from France. It contained 2 CDs. I was able to play one today as I was on the road
> and my little car has a good mp3 player.
>
> Hot dang..I was totally stunned. Not an easy task to stun me, but there I was. I had to pull over and listen to this CD by 'Jumpin Jivin Jerome Peyrelevade'
> Le Roi et l'harmonica diatonique. Admittedly this is modern jazz and may be a bit deep for some, but I think it is 'Fantastique'. And this young man IS quick.
>
> Some of the runs reminded me of Django's style. Some of the timing reminded me of the famous 'Spain' (by Barbieri). But all in all it is the most original
> sound I have ever heard. A bit of French influence on bee bop, re bop, hard bop, and Latin. Oh, did I mention that this guy is quick?
>
> smokey-joe

Update:

Ok, Sunday night enroute to the gig I had a chance to listen to the second CD sent to me by 'Jumpin Jivin Jerome' (Peyrelevade). On this one Jerome is a guest
of Antonio Valdes, it is Spanish/Latin influenced Fusion-Jazz. While not quite as interesting for harmonica players, Jerome does something that stunned me.
And trust me, I am not easily stunned. Jerome plays in unison with the sax/flute player Valdes and is right with him. Note for note.

I mean there is absolutely NO time lag between the two of them. Not even a split second. This is extremely difficult to do. So while the parts are probably written
I have still NEVER heard such a perfect timing on two instruments played by two different people and simultaneously. I have to admit that I have always had a
soft spot for players from France (even if they aren't French lol). They never play mechanically. They play from the guts. They don't just play to make notes. They
play life. It must be something in the water? Perier anyone?

One can listen to extracts of the album, and order it (CD + mp3), here (english speaking) :
http://www.jeromepeyrelevade.com/#!somewhere-on-the-edge-of-time-1/m63jq

smokey-joe & the Cafes.