[Harp-L] Re: Minor Blues

I love playing bluesy tunes in minor keys. There are quite a lot of examples on my CDs with Chris Jones and Abi Wallenstein. Much of the time I use harps in Natural Minor tuning, they're so convenient and the chords are wonderful (as well as unavailable on standard tuning). I'll also use regular harps in 3rd if the song lays out better that way. Some songs work better in 5th position, but I'd generally use Major 7th (Country) tuned instruments for this, that's where 5th position first really comes into its own.

If any list members will be in the area, I'm giving a workshop on minor key playing at the Berlin Blues Festival on June 4th starting 2pm ;-)

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.european-music-workshops.com
www.harmonica-masters.de