[Harp-L] Re: Don Les

Pat Ramsay shadowing Don Les? I know Jason Ricci always cites Pat Ramsay as
his no.1 influence,
but to my distant across-the-water ears (ie I don't have local knowledge)
there wouldn't be any Pat Ramsay
without McCoy. The big difference between Ricci, Ramsay and the majority of
diatonic players, is that they don't play the changes.
And I mean not even in a three chord tune; it's all modal. The missing 3rd
of the V chord in 2nd position (ie 5 OB) simply isn't an issue for
the majority of players, as it never occurs to them to play it.
Nothing wrong with that; I cut my teeth on stone blues, but I can't see
what Ramsay was hanging around Les for.
RD