Re: [Harp-L] Re: Recording Harmonica

Great post, Richard. I've only done a limited amount of professional studio
work but it clarified a lot of the questions I had regarding basic
engineering for recording harp.

Something funny I just remembered was doing a recording in high school in
my parent's basement. We had a simple real-to-real tape machine and  single
vocal mic in the room which was stuck between two seat cushions on a big,
overstuffed couch on the opposite side of the basement. I recently listened
to that tape again (after yearrrrrrs of basement storage) and was actually
surprised at the quality (of the sound...not my playing ;-)). Maybe
professional studios should always have a big, smelly, overstuffed couch
available for harmonica recording? LOL